There is so much to like about Joe Veleno. He's a hard-nosed workhorse that makes the players around him better. The fleet-footed center is unselfish and will primarily look to make a play at top speed; however, when the chance arises to put it in the pot himself, he will capitalize. He sees the ice well and is rarely caught out of position. His defensive game is refined and he actively pursues puck control. Transitioning to offence is natural, smooth, and quick. All-in-all, a well-rounded two-way forward that skates well and can be the catalyst a team needs to turn a game in its favor. If he can find the consistency in refusing to let himself get taken out of plays, especially if he doesn't start them, he will thrive and exceed expectations. (Curtis Joe, EP 2017)
- 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #10 by ISS Hockey - 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #14 by Future Considerations - 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #10 by McKeen's Hockey - 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #8 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters) - 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #14 by TSN/McKenzie
- 2015-06-06 • Selected first overall in the 2015 QMJHL Entry Draft by the Saint John Sea Dogs
- 2015-06-04 • Granted Exceptional Player Status by Hockey Canada to be eligible for the 2015 QMJHL Entry Draft.
• In 2012-13 Veleno played for the Lakeshore Panthères Peewee AA
• Was injured during 2014-15 QMAAA playoffs, but dressed for games as a bench player.
• Missed 2016 U17 Challenge due to injury.